Traveling with a large family doesn’t have to break the bank. This Travel on a Budget is in the heart of the breathtaking Wisconsin Dells. You can find CRAZY affordable lodging at the Dells. Our family fell in love and hope to return year after year.
Here’s the breakdown of our trip:
4 Day Luxurious Lodging at Wyndham Glacier Canyon : $800 total on Ebay. No fees, no taxes, no cleaning charge. PERIOD. (I’ve seen Deluxe 2-Bedroom Condos as low as $100 per night) You can find lots of Wyndham Glacier Canyon options HERE. For a FOSTER FAMILY discount, read on.
Wyndham Glacier Canyon is a magnificent resort that is attached to two other vacation resorts. Each resort has its own indoor waterpark, bar, restaurants, arcade and more! When you are a guest of Glacier Canyon, you can walk through the indoor connected tunnels to any waterpark you choose at no additional charge. There is also a free shuttle service that can drive you to each waterpark if walking isn’t your thing.
The waterparks include:
- Thrilling Waterslides
- Tot-Friendly Zero Entry Water Playparks and Slides
- Lazy River
- Indoor/Outdoor Hot Tubs
- Aqua Basketball
- Gigantic Wave Pool
- Infant Water Swings
- Swim Up Bar
- Concessions, Restaurants and Bars (additional fees apply)
HOLY COW! If you purchase a 1-4 Bedroom vacation rental from Ebay HERE, read carefully, check seller ratings and be sure to ask questions. These rentals are managed by travel agencies for clients who own the timeshare, but opt to sell their week rather than use it.
We rented a 2 Bedroom Deluxe during the off peak season and couldn’t have been happier. It exceeded our expectations.
The Condo included:
- King Master Suite with Jet Tub, Flat Screen TV and Separate Shower in the Bathroom
- Bedroom with 2 Queen Beds and a Flat Screen TV
- 2 Full Bathrooms
- Fully Loaded Kitchen
- Dining Area with Extra Storage
- 3 Flat Screen TVs with Cable TV
- DVD Player
- Washer and Dryer
- 8 Waterpark Passes for the Entire Stay
- Pull Out Sofa
- Gas Fireplace
- Luxurious Log Cabin Décor
- Private Balcony
- All towels, linens, soap, dish soap, paper towels, toilet paper, laundry detergent and garbage bags included
For $200 per night, our group of 7 was living the life of luxury with every possible amenity we could want.
TIPS and INSIDER SECRETS
- Wyndham will request that you attend a Time Share presentation. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ATTEND. We were offered $200 in resort cash to attend. We said NO. We were then offered an additional $100 in Resort Cash or $200 American Express Card to attend the 2 hour presentation. We still said NO and the matter was dropped. We were off to our fabulous vacation. If you choose to attend the presentation, there will be 2 hours of a high pressure sales pitch, but if you can make it through the 2 hours, it’s a huge perk to have free money to spend at the resorts.
- We found out on day 2 that there is a 4th Secret Waterpark. SAY WHAT?!? The resorts have a sister resort a mile down the street called Wilderness on the Lake and the shuttle service will take you there. OH MY, OH MY! This 4th secret insider location quickly became my favorite waterpark. It’s much smaller and more friendly for those 48” and under. It also has a pool with several basketball goals, a lily pad ropes course and an indoor/outdoor hot tub that is mind-blowingly beautiful as it sits alongside the beautiful serene lake. Because it’s not a publicized location, there are very few visitors at any given time.
- If you book during the peak season, you can also access the outdoor waterparks which are enormous. We hope to give them a try in the future, but we still kept plenty busy with the indoor parks.
- There is an indoor Play Park, Timberland Playland, that is FREE. Hours of fun!
- Visit the “secret” waterpark, Wilderness on the Lake, for more budget-friendly food options. This is the only waterpark that has large pizzas Buy One, Get One ½ off. And boy were they delicious!
- Be sure to visit the Outlet Mall that is 1 mile away for great shopping.
- Cook your own meals to save money. Your kitchen is stocked with pots, pans, a skillet, an array of dishes and more. The largest pot and skillet are perfect for a family of 4, so if you are feeding a really large family, you may want to bring your large skillet and pot. There are affordable grocery stores nearby.
- You will be given a wristband and a towel card for each member of your party. You can swap the card for a pool towel and when you finish, you can swap the towel back for a card for the next day. No need to bring towels from home.
- You can ask for a free ice water at any concession stand or restaurant to save money.
- Check the lobby for local discounts, including a free Dunkin Donut with any beverage purchase.
- There is plenty of fast food less than 1 mile away.
- Bring water shoes for your toddler. The tops of my guy’s feet were pretty banged up on the first day with all the fun.
- Bring lots of conditioner as the chlorine can wreak havoc on long locks.
- There is no need to carry cash or credit cards. You can charge anything to your room.
- A couple of restaurants on the resort grounds offer KIDS EAT FREE options with the purchase of Adult Entrees. Be sure to ask at check in.
- Request a first floor condo and you can literally park in front of your condo and put your luggage on your balcony to make your “move in” that much easier.
- Get the most bang for your buck and spend the day at the waterparks on your check out day. There are several locker rooms with showers so you can change before you head home.
With travel this affordable, any large foster family can enjoy an amazing vacation at this Dirt Cheap Destination at Wyndham Glacier Canyon! And trust me, it will greatly exceed your expectations. We can’t wait to return!